Planes, they take you to amazing places, fast. But they also play havoc with your skin, faster.
- Never fly wearing make-up. I know you don’t want to hear this, but really, your skin can do with all the help it can get.
- Cleanse your skin as you board. Keep a pack of wet wipes in your hand luggage (I love Cherubs Sensitive – they come in a handbag friendly pack of 10), and wipes your face clean just after take off.
- Once airborne, apply a rich face cream or mask, and leave on for the duration of the flight. If you’re flying long haul, then you may have to apply a few times, as you’ll be amazed at how much your skin drinks in the dry cabin air! I swear by Nuxe 24Hr Soothing and Rehydrating Fresh Mask, as it can be used on the eye area as well as the face.
- Give your face a gentle massage a few times during the flight. This will get the circulation going, and help release any toxin build-up.
- Before you land, wipe your face clean again, and apply a small amount of concealer to areas that need it. My all time favourite is Revlon’s PhotoReady Concealer, R145, it hides a multitude of sins.
- A dust of powder over your t-zone, a sweep of mascara and a slick of gloss, and you’re ready for your holiday!
Here are my in-flight must haves:
A scarf (at the bottom), as I always get cold on planes, and I often don’t like the scratchy ones they give you on flights. A thick scarf works a treat, and I don’t have to carry it round with me – well, not in my hands.
My iPad with loads of movies and music to keep my occupied. How cool is my Paul Smith cover? It was a gift from my brother-in-law.
My Skullcandy Navigator headphones as I hate those stick-in-the-ear ones. These are super comfortable and block out all the other noise.
MAC Select Sheer pressed Powder in NC15 is one of the only powders that I can use on my dry skin.
The Cherubs wipes I spoke about earlier – see they come in a very small pack.
Nuxe 24Hr Soothing and Hydrating Fresh Mask – the best mask I’ve found for my skin to use while flying.
Revlon PhotoReady Concealer in Light Medium because this is just the best concealer ever!
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Blackest Black because this happened to be the one of my 50 Maybelline mascaras that I chose to shoot.
MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF15 in Petting Pink because I can use it to keep my lips hydrated during the flight, and to add a much-needed pop of colour once I land. The fact that it’s a balm in a pot, rather than a gloss in a tube means that it doesn’t get affected by the pressure changes, and won’t leak out.