Serious moisturising skincare and high tech hair products make up most of my July radar.
- Vidal Sassoon Infra Radiance Straightener, R399. This slick iron is part of a new collection from Sassoon that promises to deliver heat more evenly to the hair for faster styling and soft, smooth, radiant results. The tourmaline ceramic plates contain ions that are meant to fight frizz. Let’s see how it compares to my ghd.
- Stila Smudge Crayon Waterproof Eye Primer + Shadow + Liner in Smoke, R225. That’s a lot to fit into one stick, and if it does all that it says it does, I’m sure I’ll be adding more of these to my kit.
- Dermaceutic Regen Ceutic Skin Recovery Cream, R535. This one’s the ‘serious’ product in the line up for July. It was developed for people who have had surgery or other aesthetic procedures. The formula claims to be very active, and that it can boost the skin’s recovery and provide optimal moisturisation. The latter is what I’m keen to see if it delivers on.
- LA Girl Blusher in Natural, R35.95. I want to try this for the simple reason that I’ve never tried a LA Girl blusher. This is the month.
- Clarins HydraQuench Tinted Moistuizer SPF15 in Porcelain, Blond and Bronze, R370 each. Err, not sure I need to explain why I’m trying this. If you follow my site you’ll know that I adore Clarins (especially HydraQuench) and tinted moisturizers. This is both. Yayness.
- Avon Perfect Kiss Lipstick SPF15 in Racy Red, R139.95. The shade of this lippie caught my eye. I want to see if the formula actually is a ‘triple action smoothing complex gives you soft, smooth lips, that look instantly fuller, ready for a kiss!’
- Optiphi Classic Pure Cleansing Wash, R450 – R550. Optiphi launched this new range towards the end of last year. The idea behind it is that they want to make good skincare more accessible, so they created a cheaper, yet still high quality, range that fits most pockets. This one is a crazy 220ml, which will last AGES.
- Redken 18 Quick Dry Instant Finishing Hairspray, R305. Maximum hold, quick drying hairspray – pretty sure I’m going to love this!