Am I the only one who cannot believe it’s already November? Where has 2014 gone? Anyway, here are the products I’ll be testing out this month.
- Justine Colour Studio Nail Care Mani Powder Nail Strengthener, R135, is formulated with soy proteins, vitamins and diamond powder to help harden and strengthen nails. If it works on my nails, it will work on anyone’s.
- Oral B Pro-Expert All-Round Protection Toothpaste, R34.95 is an antibacterial and fluoride toothpaste that is clinically proven to protect all the areas dentists check most. I’ve heard ridiculously good reviews about this product, so I’m very keen to see how much I love it.
- Vichy Capital Soleil SPF50 Tinted Dry Touch Face BB Fluid, R279 has a tinted BB formula that enhances and illuminates. It also delivers optimum sun protection and protection against sun damage, brown spots and sun induced premature skin aging.
- Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Hair Therapy Repair Rescue Treatment, R310 (from retailbox.co.za), promises to intensively repair the hair while sealing the cuticle, restoring natural strength and elasticity to damaged hair at a cellular level.
- Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Hair Therapy Volume Boost Shampoo for Fine Hair, R215 (from retailbox.co.za) cleanses and boosts the volume of fine hair. The formula is silicone free, so won’t weigh the hair down.
- Rodial Stemcell Super-Food Cleanser Ultra Nourishing Cleanser for Dehydrated Skin, R750, is a dual action cleansing cream designed with advanced stem cell technology to boost cell vitality and skin regeneration. A powerful combination of Rose Hip Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Rose Wax and Cocoa Butter work to gently melt away daily dirt and grime while gently feeding nutrients into the skin for a hydrated, nourished complexion. Sounds too good to be true!
- Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium EDP 90ml, R1245, is the latest incarnation of the iconic fragrance. I can’t wait to try this modern, younger version. It is also available in 30ml, R695 and 50ml, R975.
- Dirty Works Multi-Tasker 8-in-1 Miracle Cream, R99.95, has recently hits Clicks shelves. It says on the box that it will improve skin firmness, brighten, even skin tone, full fine lines, diminish wrinkles, hydrate, stimulate collagen production and smooth skin texture. That’s quite a lot for a cream that costs R100. The proof will be in the pudding of this one.
- Paul Mitchell Express Dry Dry Wash Waterless Shampoo, R365, will absorb excess oil to leave the hair feeling clean and refreshed. I’ve never been a fan of Paul Mitchell products, so let’s see if this can change my mind.