There is hardly a fashion show that ghd isn’t involved in, so it can be tricky to narrow down the trends from the brand.
But these are my two favourite looks from the SS17 shows; sleek and simple from Victoria Beckham at NYFW and braided and wispy at Erdem at LFW. Here’s how to create them yourself:
- Prep with a salt spray before blow-drying hair downwards using ghd air hairdryer (R1699) and fingers.
- Loosely curl hair in different directions with the ghd curve classic curl tong (R2299).
- Use the ghd tail comb (R149) to create a middle parting then secure hair into two separate ponytails at the nape of the neck. Tie with elastic.
- Braid each ponytail and then loosely dishevel with hands to give the braids a deconstructed texture.
- Cross the braids over and pin flat against the nape of the neck. They must stay flat to the head and not create a bulky silhouette.
- Gently pull out sections around the hair line before wrapping a matte black ribbon around the hair and underneath the braids, securing in a bow at the side of the head.
- First apply ghd heat protect spray (R210) before using a ghd bristle brush (R310 – R345) and ghd air hairdryer (R1699) to blow dry freshly washed hair into a straight and silky form.
- Create graphic, sharp centre parting using the ghd tail comb (R149).
- Smooth fly aways by gliding the ghd platinum professional styler (R2999) through hair, giving a super sleek, glossy finish.
Buy all your ghd products online here.