It’s a pretty serious month as far as my radar goes. There are some heavy weight products in the line up.
1. L’Oreal Elnett Satin Heat Styling Spray, R74.95. Promises to control frizz and flyaways while giving your hair volume like never before. Guess this means I’ll have to blow dry my hair straight this month…
2. Nioxin Dia Boost Thickening Xtrafusion Treatment, R695. This new treatment from Nioxin says it will instantly boost the diameter of each hair shaft, penetrate the hair to make it more manageable as well as thicken existing hair at the roots to such an extent that it will look like you have an extra 11 000 strands of hair. Well, Nioxin, my little sis has a 6 month old, and her once thick hair is now wispy. I’ll let you know her results at the end of the month.
3. Rimmel Scandal’Eyes 24H Waterproof Eye Shadow Sticks, R89.95 each, in (T-B) Gossip Green, Guilty Grey and Witness White. Well hey there, eye shadow crayons. I have so many, but not too many that I can’t add three more to the pile. I hope these last as well as they say they do!
4. The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara in Black, R110. I’m revisiting an old favourite here. This is one of the first mascaras I ever used, so when I was sent one a few weeks ago I thought I’d see if I’d love it as much now.
5. Yardley CC Cream in Fair, R99.95. Hmm. I’m not sure about all these new fangled formulas. I haven’t been too impressed with CC creams in the past. But this one promises a ’12-in-1’ solution. We’ll see.
6. SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5, R1166. This is the product with the most riding on it this month. Crazy levels of hyaluronic acid and Vitamin B5 means that this should be the skincare find of the year. Fingers crossed.
7. Avon Volumising Lip Conditioner, R129.95. Volumisers are not normally known for their conditioning properties. Let’s see if this really does do both.
8. Eucerin Ato Control Body Care Lotion with 12% Omega, R149.99. This is a serious body cream. I’m keen to see if it keeps my scales at bay this month.
9. Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Lotion, R70. Almost every model I’ve ever met swears by this cleanser, but I’ve never actually tried it myself. Now is the time.