The good, the bad and the ugly of my May radar products.
1. BioNikeDefence Tolerance Essential Cleansing Water for Hypersensitive and Intolerant Skin, R129.95. This was good and not so good. It removed make-up very well, but it says that you can remove eye make-up with it. You can’t – unless you have a high stingy eye thresh hold. It burns like mad when you apply around the eye area. Great for cleansing your face, but I’d stick to an eye-specific make-up remover.
2. GOSH Kiss Moisturising Lip Balms in Sweet Kiss (pink) and Irresistible Kiss (red), R110 each. I just love these chubby sticks! I’ve worn them every single day!
3. Revlon Powder Blush in Racy Rose, R170. This lived-up to its predecessor. It has a great texture and brilliant colour payoff.
4. Vita Liberata Self Tan. Products range from R135 – R965. This was sadly so-so. It did deliver a natural-looking colour, but that was as far as their promises went. I didn’t find it to fade any different to other tans I’ve tried, and despite them saying it doesn’t smell, it does. I feel that there are other products on the market that deliver the same result at a fraction of the price.
5. Nuxe Nirvanesque Enrichie 1st Wrinkles Rich Smoothing Cream for Dry to Very Dry Skin, R350. I loved using this cream! The skin around my nose is normally flaking and incredibly at this time of year, but its not, thanks to this rich cream. I would use it continuously if it were not packaged in a pot. I understand the formula needs it to be in a pot, but I really don’t like using potted products on my face (especially ‘natural’ ones).
6. Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Boosting 5 Minute Facial, R795. Before I tried this, I would never have believed that you could get a facial in 5 minutes flat, but you really can! The foamy mask gently bubbles away dirt and grime to reveal beautifully toned and hydrated skin. There is a serum you apply afterwards to ensure your skin stays picture perfect all day. This is a wonderful new addition to my beauty shelf! (PS. The pink peeling mask IS still available – it’s just been renamed Visible Difference Peel & Reveal Revitalizing Mask).
7. Garnier BB Cream Eye Roll-On in Light, R69.95. This was the winner of the month, by far. It’s flipping beyond amazing! It de-puffs the eye area and conceals under eye bags in one fell swoop! It’s just the best thing I’ve discovered this year!
8. Catrice Ultimate Moisture Fresh Skin Make Up in Light, R99.95. I loved this foundation! It covers well, doesn’t sit in fine lines and wrinkles, and lasts all day. If you have dry skin, you need a tube of this in your life.
9. Comfort Zone Renight Vitamin Integrator Antioxidant Night Face Oil, R535. As expected, this was amazing! Highly recommended to anybody looking to introduce antioxidants to their routine (which should be all of you).
10. L’Oreal Elvive Tripe Resist X3 60 Second Saviour Intensive Conditioner, R74.95. Meh. I was expecting SO much from this, but it didn’t live up to it. It did make my hair softer and silkier, but weighed it down something chronic. It will be better on coarser hair than mine. Disappointing.