Each of the 9 products I tested this month impressed me!
1. L’Oreal Elnett Satin Heat Styling Spray, R74.95. As promised, I blow dried my hair straight last month – 6 times! Each time, I made sure I used this spray that promised to create volume and control flyaways. It did both in spades. I have never used such an effective styling spray!
2. Nioxin Dia Boost Thickening Xtrafusion Treatment, R695. You may remember that this new treatment from Nioxin said it will instantly boost the diameter of each hair shaft, penetrate the hair to make it more manageable as well as thicken existing hair at the roots to such an extent that it will look like you have an extra 11 000 strands of hair. Well, I don’t know about an ‘extra 11 000’ strands, but it has made a difference to the appearance of my sister’s the hair. It does look like she has more hair than she did a month ago. If you have a hair thinning issue, I suggest you give this a try.
3. Rimmel Scandal’Eyes 24H Waterproof Eye Shadow Sticks, R89.95 each, in (T-B) Gossip Green, Guilty Grey and Witness White. There isn’t much for me to say about these, except that they are brilliant! They have great colour payoff and last all day!
4. The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara in Black, R110. I’m just as in love with this mascara as I was years ago when I first tried it. It’s a great everyday mascara, but can be layered for a more dramatic effect at night.
5. Yardley CC Cream in Fair, R99.95. I take back my misgivings about CC Creams! I loved the ‘12-in-1’ formula. It doesn’t cake and lasts all day. It gives more coverage than a BB cream, but less than a full-on foundation.
6. SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5, R1166. So impressed with this! I haven’t stopped recommending it to people. From the first week I noticed a marked improvement in the texture of my skin. Don’t think I’ll find another product this good for a few years!
7. Avon Volumising Lip Conditioner, R129.95. Yay! Finally a lip product that actually does volumise and condition. The increase in volume wasn’t massive, but noticeable. It left my lips soft, nourished and plump.
8. Eucerin Ato Control Body Care Lotion with 12% Omega, R149.99. This lotion is an absolute must for everybody that suffers with any sort of dry skin on her body. It absorbs quickly and banishes dry patches immediately. It has staying power, too. You’ll only need to apply after you shower, as it will last until your next.
9. Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Lotion, R70. They hype about this cleanser are well justified. It’s no-nonsense and removes every scrap of make-up quickly and effectively. It doesn’t dry or irritate the skin, and removes easily.